LHS is building a culture of sharing which will be felt all across the school as many teachers have offered to open their doors to highlight their learning environments with peers! Twitter and Instagram users, be sure to include #lpsleads and #lhsjayway.
At the start of the Plan Hour we will meet in 600 Conference Room (5 minutes)
Teachers will be visiting multiple classrooms (20 minutes) taking special note of the literacy environment through...
- I noticed:
- Literacy Environment: What evidence of reading and writing are in the classroom? (i.e. word wall, display student work, Graphic organizers, etc)
- Literacy strategies (vocabulary, read aloud, shared reading, guided reading, independent reading): What strategies are being used? Why is the strategy a good fit at this time?
- Text complexity: how does the lesson support learners that find the text too easy, just right, or too difficult?
- Interaction with text: How are students interacting with the text? How does this impact student engagement?
- Text Support: how are students referencing text to support thinking? How do students respond to the text?
At the end of the hour we will debrief and share what you have learned (10 minutes)
- Look-For Review: What did you see?
- Next Steps: How can I use what I saw in my classroom?
Take a look at our open classroom options:
Be sure to share extension ideas and next steps in the comment area below so that we can continue to build a shared conversation!